Artworks are first available for purchase in-person at the Recovered Futures Art Exhibition in Brisbane. Unsold artwork will be available for purchase online following the event.
Alexandra Ellen is a Brisbane-based artist, actor, writer and visual artist who takes a multidisciplinary approach to artistic practice, which crosses form. Work is an extension and expression of Alexandra Ellen, and of personal experience. Alexandra Ellen aims to educate, challenge, expose, encourage and delight.
The 2020 recipient of the Access Arts Achievement Award, Alexandra Ellen is also a member of Access Arts' visual arts PAWS program.
Alexandra Ellen's visual arts practice can be described as expressive and intuitive, leaning towards mixed media and experimenting with materials and technique.
Over the last three years, Alexandra Ellen has contributed to many collaborative exhibitions including:
- selling a series and winning third place in the Belmont Mental Health Week Exhibition in 2019.
- curating a solo exhibition, ‘Outside, Inside’ at The Koffee Co in Norman Park, Brisbane.
- contributing to the 2019 Recovered Futures exhibition
- being part of the Access Arts St Andrew's exhibition in 2020.
- being shortlisted for the Art from the Margins Brisbane Outsider Artist Awards in 2020.
Alexandra Ellen has also started selling work online and at markets.
"This artwork is a coloured tree in a black realm and its reflection. Each realm features colour; however, it’s reflected differently. Beauty is found in our similarities and differences. To belong we must celebrate our differences and we cannot do that until we acknowledge and accept what is the same."
Click here to follow Alexandra Ellen on Instagram